Your name is everything with business. The right name can make your business, while the wrong name can put you out of business. You need to ensure your company has a name that matches what you do and gets the point across to your customers. If your customers don’t understand your name, they may choose not to do business with your security company.
Five Considerations for Your Business Name
Finding the right business name does not have to be difficult. All you have to do is follow these five tips to creating a great business name that will help your security company gain customers.
1. Your business name needs to be easy to spell and pronounce. If your security company name is complicated it will be very difficult for your customers to remember it. That is not to say you shouldn’t have a unique business name, but a business name like Cerberus may seem unique since that is the name of the Greek guardian of the underworld, but it can be hard to remember. First, your customers may not get the reference; they may not know how to say it and they may not be able to spell it. If they can’t spell it, it will be difficult for them to find you in the phone book.
2. Your security company name needs to have a visual element to it. This will make it much easier to remember for your customers. Think of apple and its recognizable logo. If your company name is simple and easy to spell, and you can incorporate it into a visual logo, then your company will be able to create brand awareness with customers. Humans learn by seeing images when we read and listen. Not to mention a good visual name can be a great advertising tool as well. security services bristol
3. Make your company name have a positive feeling towards it. Remember Cerberus? That is the Greek guardian of the underworld, but is the underworld, or Hell, what you want your customers to think of when they see your company name? When you choose a name it will fall within the categories of positive, neutral and negative. When you choose a name, use words that have a positive connotation to them. In the security company world, you want to express security and the feeling of safety. A good example of this is Shield Security Systems. The shield is a representation of security and strength, and that helps to create a positive feeling for customers. A good choice for a company name is Castle Security. Castles have a positive connotation and they represent strong security, which is important to your customers. Castles can also make great logos. In contrast, Straw House Security would be a bad choice because there is nothing secure about a straw house.
4. When you choose a company name for your security company, make sure you represent what your company does in the name. Try and have words like “secure”, “shield”, “fortress” and “castle” because they represent security. Your company name needs to give your customers an idea of what you do. Not putting the word “security” in your business name would be a big mistake.
5. While John Smith’s Secure Strength Security Company may seem like a great name to you, it is way too long for your customers. Your business name needs to be short. Think of some of the most famous brands on Earth, “Pepsi”, “Adidas”, “Nike”, “Wal-Mart” and “K-Mart”. These names are all short and to the point. Your business name needs to fit easily on a business card, be easy to type into a browser and be easy to remember. Instead of John Smith’s Secure Strength Security Company, a better name would be Smith’s Security.